Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Life in the office

I am half-way through my internship. So far...

Pros:
  • finishing at 5pm and not having to think about work
  • nowhere near as much stress
  • being around adults and recent graduates
  • working in the city
  • managing my own work
  • good people to work with (for the most part)
  • exciting ideas

Cons:
  • unclear aims and objectives (for my project anyway)
  • confusing leadership
  • working at a desk by myself all day is BORING!
  • laziness + junk food habit
  • no sense of achieving anything (well, not as regularly as you feel it in school)
  • not doing as much "good"
  • limited interaction
  • working till 5pm
  • commuting on the tube for an hour at peak time
  • office politics

So far I am not sure what we have really done, but it's good to be exposed to the CSR world. Besides, it's the start of a one-year long project, which sounds like it'll be pretty influential with regards to business-education partnerships, so I will stay positive. But I'm not sure I could do something like this long-term...although I guess I'm not sure about doing anything long-term. Commitment-shy? Oh yes!