Saturday, November 08, 2008

Working in the library

I am in Wood Green library. This is very exciting for me, mainly because it is the middle of a Saturday and it's REALLY BUSY, all over the computer area and in the quiet study area (where I am ) and also in the books sections too. I'm pleased, I like it when a community uses a library! What I like most about the people around where I am sitting is that there is such a huge demographic of old and young and ethnic minorities. Everyone seems to be working hard on various things. I also particularly like the presence of school-age kids, mainly sixth formers I imagine, who are studying too, and helping each other.

This library is a good working environment, it's warm and well-lit and spacious and airy and there is a good atmosphere of work. I am pleased with it, and pleased that we have libraries like this in this country, and any old joe can just walk in and enjoy the facilities, particularly the free wireless, brilliant! I am loving using free wireless all over the shop (at X's house where they are using a nearby neighbour's, a bit wrong, but still, and also on the Oxford Tube).

Anyway, I best get to work as X will be back from the lunch thing later and I want to get this done before that. We are going to fireworks tonight and then to a BBQ Halloween party, wooooooo!