Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Unpacking

Have spent most of day 2 unpacking boxes and boxes and boxes of new equipment, and then carting off the rubbish to the school bins. On the plus side the work was pretty mindless and meant that I got to flex my amazing forearms. On the down side I am now completely knackered and haven't sorted out anything for real school tomorrow.

Not looking forward to my first tutoring day with 8E aka "Eight Evil". I think I have put too much pressure on the first day, in that I figure if I screw up tomorrow I will lose them for the whole year. Hopefully it'll be ok....although the class was already pretty mad before H from 7F got moved to my form. He's easily one of the most messed up kids in the year. Woohoo, the more the merrier. I guess I usually perform better if I'm a little nervous, so maybe my butterflies will work in my favour.

After having to spend 3 hours with them (ok, ok, I'm sure it won't be that bad...) I've got my first lesson of the year with my new Y9 set. Essentially this is my Y8 group (grrr) without S (yay!) but with crazy D and also twice as many kids. By kids I mean all the nutters from the equivalent set on the other side of the blocking system. Excellent. Roll on the weekend.

In other news, Science TFer K caught me at a chatty moment and somehow got me to confess all the tales of my summer term trauma. I am now distinctly uneasy that I have divulged too much, particularly since we chatted in the maths block and now patently my whole department will realise I may be a fruit loop. On the plus side here it turns out that she had some dramas of her own, so it's good to hear that I'm not the only one.

I guess I should go and do some work. Except I have no idea what I'm teaching or anything really. I think I will just sit and contemplate it all instead. 193 days to go!

PS Sailing photos on facebook. No longer interested in detailing the drama; time to put it behind us all.