Sunday, July 13, 2008

Highlights from the week

I'm putting off the gym for 20 more minutes because it's been a whole week and no blogging action from me. Time to update this wonderful record of my rambley life.

Good things from the week:

  • 8E stepping up for sports day and doing the business (every single kid in the tutor group bar one took part in one event or another, excellent...fingers crossed we finish well in Year 8)
  • non-uniform day - yeah I got to wear flip flops!
  • playing tangrams and Nubble Express with loads of my classes (hope I haven't started the "fun lessons" too soon)
  • telling all my classes that I'm leaving and them all being sad about it - maybe I'm a good teacher after all
  • teaching 8E a PSHE lesson based on the role of education in society (something that I taught my Y12s in AS Sociology) and having them respond really well to it
  • spending most of my weekend with X, and also a midweek meet-up too - aaaah it makes me happy. As does winning two pairs of knickers in a bet over dominoes
  • reverse parking into a tight tight spot the first time round, and then being told by the parking attendants that I was the best lady parker they'd seen all morning
  • the end of year staff boat party - a free bar = shocking hangover, but it was loads of fun to celebrate the almost end of year with my colleagues. Not to mention getting muchos compliments for my "bap dress"
  • having the new TF maths teacher in for his London week, and hearing that having watched all the maths teachers teach, the one he most wanted to be like was me!
  • seeing my American friend Braden from my summer at Dartmouth, and also reunion-ing with all the kids from our exchange that year
  • our final TF workshop, which was a bit lame, but so ace to see all of our year, and also to know that we've almost completed the programme, yeeehaaaa!

Not-so-good things

  • not getting the money back from that ridiculous Wing Security towing my car away - grrrr
  • being so busy that all the mundane chore type stuff has just not been done
  • having to a learning log (boring)
  • still not knowing about my knee operation and so not being able to book anything proper for the summer
  • waiting for my WWOOF-ing booklet so I can finally contact some people about that

Aside from that, it's been a stellar week, I'm feeling awesome and happy! Five days of school to go, which will be crazy and emotional, but this time next week, well, I'll be at a colleague's BBQ celebrating the end of a mini-era. Hope all is well with you.