Monday, July 28, 2008

Another week of summer

Monday evening. It appears my once daily blog has deteriorated into a weekly ramble. Apologies readers, I really am trying to keep this up, it's just that my laptop has lost its Internet connection, so I can only blog when my folks' computer is free.

Also I am lazy. And enjoying summer. And having fun. And then realising that I have forgotten to obsessively document all of this on my blog. Whoops.

It was 30 degrees today, wooooo! Actually, that's a bit too hot, particularly if you're in an office being teased with the use of a fan, which you then can't plug in because there are no spare plug sockets. Also it's too hot if you only have a winter office wardrobe and thus have to resort to black trousers and long-sleeved shirts. It's odd I don't really have any summer wear, given that we had a "summer" term and all. Anyway, I made my peace with the heat by walking around barefoot and eating lots of oranges, yum yum.

Apart from working semi-hard (I left at 3:45pm today, I find it near on impossible to work after 3:30pm, my mind just starts to shut down) I have been busy trying to get fit again after realising that eating lots of junk, drinking lots of beer, and generally being slothful isn't the best way to stay in shape. I'm also reading this, which one of my friend's wrote, and to whose book launch I attended last week. I can't really remember what else I did last week, I spent most of it with X, so it kinda went by in a blur. I think I won a lot of things though (apart from the moon points game, where whoever spots the moon first wins. I am so bad at this, I think the moon hides when I am looking).

Oh yeah, I remember, my friend Jonno finally got engaged, awesome, how exciting! She will be getting married in winter 2009, but she's been waiting aaaaages to be proposed to, so I'm really pleased for her. Am also pleased with all the family stuff I've been doing, I love doing family stuff (well, most of it, unless it's boring) and also getting the house back in order after the builders etc.

So yeah, generally things are good, just ticking over really. I'm going to go and open my leaving presents now, whoop whoop! They are wrapped in such nice maps of London paper though, I'm going to have to try really hard to keep it nice and pretty.