Monday, February 09, 2009

The new nest!

Monday of 4th week.

Some points of note:

1. We have moved into our new NEST! Hurrah! The move was a bit of a stress, but much better than it could have otherwise been. I woke up at 7am that morning and we just about finished unloading the last lot at the new place around 11:30pm - looooong day! Luckily no snow and minimum iciness (although enough for the GIANT hired van to get stuck in college!) We now realise we have a lot of stuff, but already our nest looks good and homely and we are going to make it even nicer. I'm excited to be doing this!

2. Spurs drew with Arsenal after a dreadful performance from the Gunners (including Eboue being sent off for being just persistently annoying and naughty). Why Spurs couldn't capitalise on the full three points I just don't know - they had so many shots and attempts but just couldn't break through.

3. I want to mention the GIANT van again, just cos I'm so pleased that I could drive it ok, albeit with X dealing with my freakouts about whether it could fit in gaps, whether I was reversing it ok, where the petrol tank was etc. It's cool to be driving up from a high position, and also it was surprisingly manoeuvrable! I named her Blizzy. Diesel-wise she was excellent value - used up £20-odd of fuel having driven all over London and back and forth from Oxford, plus a few little drives. Good stuff.

4. SO much to do this week and I think there'll be even more next week, but I just don't really have time what with trying to sort the nest out, a knee appointment on Weds, and lots of social stuff. Still, am looking forward to V-Day next weekend!

5. Our battle with LMH/T was cancelled due to more crazy snow. It's on for next weekend though, I wonder if I should play...?

Ok I'm going to go and make us some dinner so we'll be nice and energised for more nest-organising. Hope all is well with you.