Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Feeling a wee bit freer

Good morning :) I don't usually blog in school but now that my Y10s are off on work experience, there is such a glorious sense of relief and freedom that I feel tempted to post my controversies through the school server. Risky business perhaps.

Yesterday, today and tomorrow I only have two periods that I have to teach, which leaves me ample time to do my school work. Supposedly. Realistically I find plenty of more entertaining things to do rather than mark books, plan lessons, or write reports. My latest pet project is called The Book of Knowledge (notice I have written it in italics, as if it were a real book), which I have decided to make after finding that I spend a lot of time not knowing things and then trying to remember to look them up and then forgetting what they were within days of my research. Thus the book of knowledge will hold all the "useless" facts and concepts that I look up, making them forever concrete and available for perusal.

I finished How To Be Free and am inspired by 90% of it. I think I was subtly trying to be free before, but now I am making a conscious effort to do things right. The weekend WWOOF has started me off in fine stead for this. More on WWOOF-ing in another post to follow shortly.

Now that I am slightly more free than usual (despite having meetings/detentions/clubs every day after school this week) I am due to make a long-awaited return to my urban dance class tonight. This will be exciting since after Into The Hoods I feel my calling is in dance. It's perhaps more of a whisper than a calling, but good fun all the same. Hopefully I will make it there, but not being around on the weekend + the imminent return of LIL BRO means all kinds of household chores like sorting and tidying my rooms may have to take precedent. I hope not.

Right, I will do a little bit of admin work and then return to ramble on the joys of WWOOF-ing. Stay tuned.