Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Midday Blog

I just read this article about "The Death of Pleasure Blogging" and so thought I'd get on here and ramble a bit.
It's the middle of a school day but today I teach lesson 1 and lesson 5, meaning the middle of the day could be usefully spent catching up on marking etc. or even more usefully spent in the park. Which is what we did. Went to the park and chatted and ate sweets and sat in the sun. Now I feel super chilled and in no way refreshed to work. Mmm, there's something about feeling my bare feet on the grass and my face warmed by the sun that is so pleasing.
I have also read this poem by WH Auden and the Breughel painting too, to feel sad, and then tried to memorise this piece by Simon Patterson, to make me feel inspired. This is exactly the kind of art a Virgo would produce. I suspect anyway.
Lunchtime, yeah!