Monday, June 23, 2008

Three Mondays to go!

Another Monday down. Three more Mondays of term left. Hopefully in the future I will never have to "work" on a Monday again.

Weekend was lovely, as usual. Went to Oxford, and also spent lots of time with X, lovely. Legs are very achey after a pretty hard-core gym session, but it was worth it for an excellent night's sleep last night.

Oddly felt a bit restless during the day, but made up for it after my nap in the afternoon, being super-productive marking and writing complaint letters-wise, giving me lots of time to work on the BoK and also look up some WWOOF-ing in the summer. Have decided I want to work at a rural educational centre, so will hopefully learn some agriculture and also work with kids too. Three potential ones in Somerset, Devon and Snowdonia, so would be ace if I could get two weeks or so at each.

What else? The ICT systems failed this morning after a power-cut on Friday so we were left with no means to do registers, use phones, access email and student data, no internet, no access to servers (and thus files/programs stored on servers) and no IWB access. This was the most critical, since our super-high-tech school has made no provision in most classrooms for ordinary white boards. This means that should the network/your PC crash, then you can't use your classroom board. Believe me, it's pretty difficult to teach maths without having something to write on. Luckily only had two lessons to teach today, and I enjoyed having an excuse for not writing my Y10 reports or my Y8 tutor reports. Plus it was pretty ironic that we were told in the staff briefing this morning that we will be having an ICT inspection next week, hahaha.

I have to make my NQT folder, which will be a tedious paper trail I suspect, but I guess it has to be done. I also have to have my "transition point 3" meeting to talk about what I have learnt this year and what I will do with it. I made the joke that I am "transitioning to freedom" in the staffroom today, which got some laughs. It's true though.

Apart from that, nothing major to report, except little brother is back, which is really cool as he is fun, but also a bit tricky since we argue a bit and I nag a lot and he does things that wind me up a lot. Fingers crossed we will get on alright. I think we are just too similar as people. Oh well, I will try and be a bit more easy-going.

Right, time for some Stephen Fry.