Sunday, June 01, 2008

End of Half-Term Blues

It's been a while since I blogged I think. Have been wonderfully busy doing fun stuff, yay!

It's now Sunday evening right at the end of half-term and I am feeling all kinds of glum. End of half-term blues I suspect.

I had the best week in Malta and generally an awesome 10 days (I think because I spent every single one with X and am now suffering quite severe withdrawal symptoms), but alas all good things must come to an end, and so it's back to school tomorrow.

In the spirit of my general feeling of tedium when it comes to my Y10s, I have decided not to plan any lessons for anyone at all this week until tomorrow. Good drama. Hopefully there will be the promised exams for at least some of the kids. Relying on this is a recipe for disaster but frankly not worth worrying about right now.

35 days to go. I can't wait for the summer holidays! But first reports and marking and planning and naughty kids to deal with. Sigh. I need more half-term. But I can't get that so instead I will distract myself by looking at the myspaces of some of the excellent acts we saw at ID-Africa last night. I think my personal favourite was Last Mango in Paris - wicked Streets like socially conscious/humorous/comedian chatter.

Hope you're feeling good wherever you are.