Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Birthday highlights and being in Oxford

Helllloooo! I am in Wolfson library! So yes, I am back in Oxford now. I don't think I have ever posted from here before. Exciting times! It's cool to be back in college and catch up with people here...I can't believe there are new students here already and that a year has passed since I started here myself.

So firstly, the highlights from my birthday, which I don't think I've done yet:

1. All the love and attention given to me by X. Such a special birthday :) Probably my best and most exciting since I was maybe 11!
2. A cool shiny and stylish brilliant DAB radio. I have named him Oscar.
3. My lovely little cyclomen plant (Hermione). She will certainly brighten up my room here.
4. The rest of "birthday corner" featuring helium balloons, a badge, cards, a banner, and GOLD STARS! (and a big wrapped up present box with piggy wrapping paper! This contained Oscar.)
5. Birthday tiggerific cupcakes. YUM!
6. An amazing birthday dinner at The Bay View, such good food and drink and fun!
7. Walking along the beach. I've never done that on my birthday before.
8. Birthday sunshine.

I had such a great day, really I can't convey it properly here, but I remember waking up on the Friday (a bit hungover!) wishing that it was my birthday again because it was so great, so it must've been a good day. So thank you X, you are very special and make me feel very special too.

Other exciting things since my birthday:

1. Winning £10 on deal or no deal in the KA. Finally, a big win! And we almost won £20, it was like a dream!
2. Working on another telethon. Hard work but I realise I like helping other people and chatting to strangers and stuff like that. Plus the money is good and so are the rest of the team, even if some of the students ARE a little immature.
3. Living in Exeter college as a conference guest - it's nice to stay in other colleges and see what they are like.
4. Having a nice shiny red bike that works. Hope it stays that way!
5. Having the time to write on this blog and do my campaigning for the Tamil people and read books and walk around and enjoy life. I like being in Oxford without having to do academic work yet. I do miss being in Waggytown though. I can't wait for the weekends, but hopefully they will come quickly and we will do ok.

That's all for now. Nap time!

PS I did well in my exams too, which makes me happy!