Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Thesis in and so I'm back

Hello. It's me again. I'm back. Almost 2 months since I last posted. I have been slack and busy with the dreaded THESIS. Actually, it wasn't so bad after all, in that it is done and handed in and I can forget about it, at least for another week until we get the results of our MSc course. So now I have no excuse.

I was reading my cousin's Ghana blog the other day and it was really good, he's a great writer. Thus I was inspired to try and make mine live again. We shall see how that goes.

I'm in Swantown now, my new half-a-week home with X. It's lovely, right near the coast and cheap as chips (comparatively). We even have a study and a pretty large living room and it's all walking distance to the centre and cycling distance to uni and the station for X and me respectively. Downside is that it's not been let out in ages so there are lots of niggling problems with it here and there, which are getting fixed, but still cause inconvenience. The most tedious one (so far, but hopefully it's the last one) is the boiler and it's not working. Not having hot water is a total bum, particularly when it comes to not being able to wash my mane, err, I mean hair. Hopefully they will fix that up.

Alongside my thesis I've been to two weddings this summer, both of which were exciting and fun and also a bit stressful. My cousin's was in America and had loads of family present. We went over for 9 days and have now had our fill of family over there. Washington is a pretty cool place though - I'd love to go back and just visit all the museums. The other wedding was X's best friend's (X was the "best man"!) and that took place in Bath and was just beautiful. It was really small and intimate and the venues were awesome - the Bath Assembly Rooms and then around the old Spa buildings. It was really cool.

I have another week or so off before I start working on a telethon for the university (this time helping manage it, woo!) and then my DPhil starts on the 30th September, exciting and scary! I already have my first team meeting booked in in October so I am rather scared but hopefully I won't be too out of my depth.

That's all for now, I have to get back to my busy life of watching Sky and reading books. Oh to be a student. It'd be nice with some money though!