Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Libraries and Exeter College

I just wanted to take a moment to note how much I love libraries, particularly when they are mostly empty. I am in the Rad Cam right now, just minutes walk from Exeter, and it's beautiful in this light. I think I am especially liking it because I don't have pressing academic work to do in here so I can just enjoy it!

Also some things I like about Exeter:

1. It's a real old college, the fourth oldest in fact, so it is small and traditional-looking!
2. Breakfast - awesome, I love cooked breakfast and strong coffee.
3. JCR has sky, oh yeah.
4. Beautiful fellows' garden with a small terrace with lovely views over the Rad Cam quad. I've never seen a view like that before.
5. My room, which is actually really big and well furnished for 1st year room. Not even minding sharing the showers or the loos (something I have pretty much never really done before, except for that summer at Dartmouth!)

So today I am going to do some drawing and some reading and some tea drinking and some relaxing, before another hectic telethon session. Life is pretty peachy, am just missing X is all. Oh and I shall try and blag my way into Exeter library as clearly it will be wonderful.