Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A good 5th week so far

This is the latest I've been up since Sat night! Sunday and Monday was in bed by 9pm; yesterday by 8pm! It's glorious, I love getting enough sleep...the whole "being awake before my alarm" thing is totally cool.

The week is going well, mainly because I am operating like a normal person. Except for having a cold. I don't have hours and hours of marking to do, which means in my free lessons I can plan stuff, which means I don't have to do loads of work outside of school. Sadly this is a one-off, but since it is the 5th week equivalent of term, I think I will do this whole "no marking no planning" thing again.

What else is good? I am teaching well, school-drama is minimal. I found out my old school is looking for a maths teacher, which is exciting. I checked out the TES Jobs section properly today - there are loads of maths appointments for September 2008 - 6 in my borough alone! I have a meeting next week to talk about plans for next year, so fingers crossed. For the most part if I stay in teaching I'd like to stay at my school, but it's good to check out the options. Life in school could be so much better potentially - maybe I've just not realised it yet. Interestingly, I didn't check out job appointments in Liverpool, hahaha.

Enjoy the rest of the week, let's hope it goes as well as Capello's first game tonight!