Monday, February 04, 2008

Back From The Fun

I am back from the fun of the weekend and about to start marking books. This will be interesting because I haven't got a copy of the questions that I set, only the kids' answers, and surprise surprise, they are all different, so now I don't know what to mark right or wrong. The only good thing about this enterprise is that I get to use my green marking pen.

I have decided to have a half-term style week this week. No planning of lessons or real marking of books. The former will be dramatic and entertaining and slightly panicky. The latter will be easy to accomplish since being a genius I didn't set any homework last week apart from for Y10 and Y12, thus giving me back HOURS of my life. What shall I do with these hours? Well, I have lots of other stuff to sort out, but I think instead I will ignore it all and get into bed at 9pm every day. Oooh only 90 mins away, I can't wait.

On Friday I had that TF education sector training day - a big info day about staying on in school. It was really good and interesting, although my inability to sit and listen to people talking was disturbing, particularly because some of the speakers were actually quite good. Spent all weekend in Oxford - the first proper weekend without doing any work/productive things for aaages. Was awesome, even though I didn't get to play footy, was lovely to see everyone and just be back in Oxford and mess about like a student. All the frivolity was good for my soul, despite me trying to be a grown-up and stay out of trouble. Only minor dramas really, I can fix them, it was definitely a good weekend. Reality hit me hard today - I have a cold and something that feels like a hangover. Many caffeinated drinks and opportunities to shout at children didn't help - in fact, I have almost lost my voice, useful.

So 9 days of school to go, and I shall try really hard to get through them, even if we have to sit through boring assemblies (how can someone manage to make Chinese New Year into a boring assembly?!) and rude kids e.g. A from my tutor group who has been off-sick all last week (yay!) but when I asked her how she felt this morning she said really ill, but that that was ok because she hoped I would catch it from her and then have to stay at home. Bless.