Sunday, February 10, 2008

A lovely weekend

It's dusk outside, the sun's half-way setting, and the sky is a beautiful beautiful pink. It makes me feel awesome. Not that I didn't feel awesome already.

I've had a lovely lovely weekend. Dashed out of the dramas of school on Friday, and to be honest, until just now I had completely forgotten about school, such is the power of my feel-good. I helped X move some stuff into the new place, lots of fun driving, it was pretty cool to be in London in the traffic. No, really. We went to the cinema to watch Juno - was really good, well worth watching, although she seemed to find it a bit too easy to give away her baby, but anyway.

Saturday morning drove back home, and then did my "errands", hahaha, mostly buying random stuff. In the afternoon headed up to Oxford for a school reunion dinner at LMH, excellent fun. Managed not to drink (for the second night in a row, oh yeah! Driving makes me responsible) and had X-related cravings so was lucky enough to be able to leg it back to X's after dinner. I love being around X, it's just awesome, and when I finally left and went outside, it was like proper spring, beautiful, birds and flowers and sun and everything. Driving back home along the river with a big smile on my face, I felt really content.

Got home today 3ish, and since then have been in a daze. I think I am all loved up, that would probably explain my dreamy state. I am mildly worried for my health - being so day dreamy got me rather lost on the way home, and now I just want to sit around and think about X and the weekend we have just had, rather do my lesson plans. It's ok though, my FB horoscope states that "the work will still be there later on. Take the time now do something with someone you care about". Mmmm.

One more week to half-term. I hope it's a good one. Well, how can it not be? Big smile. With teeth.