Monday, May 12, 2008

Living in Dust

Our house is a SERIOUS BUILDING SITE. It's full of dust and making me sneezy. And other dwarves too. I wish I could move out while all this was taking place. I also wish I had a huge storeroom for all my tat so I could just store it away and be happy with my hoarding, rather than having to sort through it and throw some of it away. I hate throwing things away. I do like sorting though.

Today was a good school day. Mondays are getting better, mainly because I am still on a high from the weekend. That said, this was the first Monday I've actually taught this term (one training day, one bank holiday, one sick day) so perhaps it was novelty value.

I spent the whole weekend doing fun stuff, and also the whole weekend with X, which makes me smile tremendously. I am now plotting ways to make the weekdays as good as the weekends. This is going well with regards to this half of term, but patently next half will be far busier, what with report writing and exam paper marking and not having any lessons planned etc. Still, that's the final push, so it'll be ok. This is despite the fact that teachers seem to be leaving the school in waves. Poor kids, no teachers want to stay there, but that's what happens when your school is nuts.

This week's word of the week is METICULOUS, which I like. Last week's was EMANCIPATE and the student sentence that won the prize was "Abraham Lincoln emancipated the slaves, but why did he wear that ridiculous hat?" Hahaha.

I'm off to shower now after playing with all that dust. Then I am going to sit and chill now that most of the ground floor is completely uninhabitable. Woo.