Saturday, May 03, 2008

Yay I made the weekend!

Phew, it's been a looong week, but woo, it's the weekend! I made it through :)
Am off for fun and games in Oxford tonight, but before that, some things I've learnt:

1. Taking the piss out of students is a risky strategy, but occasionally works a treat when it comes to managing behaviour
2. If I was hyper all the time, no learning would ever get done
3. Staff seem to like me bouncy
4. Doing good deeds for other people makes me feel really good, so I can always try and do things for other people when I feel bad myself
5. Shopping and tidying and exercise always make me feel good

I went to bhangra with my mother this morning, that was hilarious fun, I really enjoyed it, and I love how keen my mum is about her dancing. Also, I got ID'ed in Waitrose trying to buy Pimm's and beer, which is also hilarious since in 4 months time I will be a full SEVEN YEARS over the legal drinking age, hahaha, and yet I still can't pass for 18.

Nothing else major to report except that I'm feeling good. Oh, and as a sign of my positive commitment to trying to pass this year after all, when I had my knee appointment on Friday and they offered me potential orthoscopy dates in June, I told them I couldn't have two weeks off until July 20th - check me out! Turning down two weeks of paid medical leave AND messing up my summer travel plans all to try and do my best to pass this NQT year. Keep them crossed for me, as always. Have a good weekend!

PS LOVE Adele's Cold Shoulder, it's a tuuuuune!