Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Stupid phone companies and people

I am in a rage! Grrrrrrr!

I am currently on hold to Three Customer Services, having already been on the phone for ages to stupid Dial-a-phone Customer Services to cancel a contract that I didn't even order! Well, they sold it to me as an upgrade, except apparently it's not possible for them to do upgrades, so now I have two phones and two SIM cards and two numbers and two direct debits and loads of stupid bureaucracy to go through to undo it all...and all because the stupid cheating salesman told me one thing when he quite patently knew he was wrong and was lying and just did it anyway, what a knob!

So now it has cost me premium rate to get through to their Customer Services, and then I have to send the phone back at Special Delivery Rates, and then I have to pay some random connection charge bill, and then I have to cancel the phone insurance I didn't even want but had to take, and then I end up where I started before I had even tried to upgrade i.e. on hold except considerably more pissed off and out of pocket. It's all a con, I swear it. Plus they spelled my name wrong, idiots. And they charged me £23 for a bluetooth that I don't even have so now how can I return it to get my money back?

This is the highlight of a pretty mediocre day. The weather is gloomy and so it makes sense for all this hassle. I am also pissed off because I had a knee appointment today, where the Consultant I was referred to told me I shouldn't have been referred to him because he can't do the procedure I need, and so he is referring me back to where I was originally referred from 5 months ago, how stupid is that?!

Really I think I am fed up with all the ridiculous systems we have and why can't people just do their damn jobs and be a bit honest and stop passing the buck rather than trying to screw over the average person on the street?

Hmmmm. I am a bit jaded I think. That is probably what comes from doing someone else's work while they take super long tea breaks and chat on the phone. It is also what happens when loads of scummy people swear and argue on the bus and when the company you are working for doesn't send you a timesheet so you have been working for free and again noone will just do the simple part of their job so you can get on and do yours.

On a positive note, I did see a shade on a car with a smiley cat face on it that made me laugh. So maybe all is not doom and gloom after all.