Thursday, January 22, 2009

All work and no play...not yet anyway!

Phew it's Thursday evening and my work is almost done for the week! Two essays, so so much reading, lots of coffee and books and late nights and library hours. And now hopefully some down time.

I'm about to do my Sociology of Education reading, which along with reading the ethnographic studies on my qualitative methods list, I consider to be "fun" work. I think Thursday night after my stratification class will have to be my new Friday night! Except I have a lecture at 10am on Friday morning, boo!

So I'm impressed with Obama and all the nice bits and pieces of his inauguration - boy does he have a good speech writer! Also think it's really bold and brave of him to speak about closing down Guantanamo, about time too.

In other news X is coming to visit after the climax of the interview today, which is cool as it's finally done and X can hopefully go back to normal and then just wait to here the outcome. We are going to try and see Slumdog Millionaire tomorrow after we failed in our attempt last Weds when it completely sold out at the Phoenix - dang Orange Wednesdays and their free tickets! And we have a very busy Saturday of social obligations, but it'll be fun, am looking forward to cutting loose after such a hard working week.

Ok best get back to it for a couple of hours, yippee!