Monday, January 12, 2009

Some grumbles, but the library's been fun!

This morning we woke up cross due to loud noise from one of my neighbours. Grrr. Noise pollution is very annoying and people are very selfish to play video games or watch TV oh so loudly till 2am on a Sunday night. This hasn't happened before at my place, although it happened at lot at X's and also when we were house-sitting. A disrupted night's sleep ruins the day.

Luckily X was able to have today off, and so we had a bit of a lie-in and then did some work. X has a lot of work to do for some interviews shortly, and I have my various research proposals/essays/exams to work on. It was nice to be back in the library. Sounds funny to say that but there's something cool about the start of term when work is still exciting and you feel productive.

Two estate agents have let us down so far in our search for an Oxford nest. I can see why people get cross with them. It's just inconsiderate not to turn up when you have arranged a viewing with someone. At least call to cancel.

Spurs lost against Wigan. They held out for 90 minutes and then conceded, although I guess we were weakened once Dawson had gone off injured, and Gomes hurt his leg. Sigh, back to the relegation zone it is. Defoe probably could've wanted a better debut.

I'm having an early night tonight, hurrah!