Thursday, January 29, 2009

An evening off.

Hurrah! I've finished my work for the week. Well, the actual writing of essays. Obviously I have loads of reading for next week's classes to get on with, but that's besides the point. I feel free :) This is a good feeling as since the start of term I've mostly felt pretty snowed under with work.

So it's nearly the weekend, and therefore nearly the end of January. Can't believe it's gone so quickly! Excitingly this means I've almost done my whole month free of alcohol. In truth, apart from a couple of nights out, I've hardly noticed not drinking, I think my personality's back! That said, a nice pint of ale would go down a treat. I think I'm going to break it early as it's a friend's leaving drinks tomorrow night, but we'll see, maybe I can hold out till the 1st proper.

We saw Frost/Nixon last night, which was really good, the dude that played Nixon was just brilliant. The script was also really good, with some quite funny bits and then lots of seriousness too. By the end of it I kinda even felt sorry for Nixon rather than just thinking of him as another "Bush" type. So yeah, worth seeing.

In other news I signed the lease for our new place today, yippee! It's ours from tomorrow. Also I have an allotment from Sunday in college! I'm super excited about this, mainly cos it means I can do some exercise outside again, yeah! Plus it's the perfect time to do some gardening and start sowing some veg for the summer.

Finally, today I had a sixth-former shadow me to see what Oxford is like, which was cool. I'd completely forgotten how much fun it was to show kids around Oxford and inspire them to come etc. so I felt like I'd done my good deed for the day. I think I'll sign up to the Access Scheme again and try and get more involved.

Phew so one day to go before the weekend, let's keep going! Oh wait, I don't have to, it's my evening off!