Sunday, May 20, 2007

Catch up and upcoming stuff

Think it has been a while since I posted. Busy busy as usual. Mostly being hungover. Whoops.

School happened, can't remember anything too exciting or of note, except that we only have one week till half-term! Ooooh and also this week Y11 are away on study leave and Y10 are on exams, yay! Surely this will become boring at some point, but at the moment it sounds pretty good to me.

Yet another Sunday not spent lesson planning. I don't know when I reached the stage where I thought I didn't have to work on a Sunday (by work, I mean specific school work....of course I still spend lots of time doing other work-type things). Today, then, I wrote two covering letters for two summer project applications - one working with Business in the Community and one working with MyBnk. Both sound exciting projects that we can really get our teeth into and contribute something of value. Was also gonna apply for the Institute of Philanthropy, and this one at Hansabank about developing a stress diagnostic tool for banks, but after it taking soooo long just to write the first two, I couldn't be bothered. Plus the Hansabank one is for 4 weeks, and it's in Estonia (yep, clearly I didn't read the application info properly the first time round) so scrap that - like I'm gonna work for 4 out of my 5 weeks of summer!

What else? Went out on the lash for Suze's birthday on Friday night, good solid fun, my feet are still cut up though, and the Corona hangover was shocking (think it might have been the sambuca actually). Lots of lovely drama anyway, including drunken idiots sneaking into photos and causing fights, and other drunken hilarious dancers getting into trouble everywhere, funny funny.

Spent most of Saturday whimpering about and watching the rubbish FA Cup final (have seen more exciting U11 girls' football matches, really). Went out with the girlie wirlies to Binky Bina Ballerina's birthday dinner on Saturday night, a nice and funny affair full of reminiscing and silly chatter. Binky I wish you were in London more. Sparrow, I hope you are getting better on some level, and Puja, you need a nickname....I can't believe you don't have one! HW props to you for bailing on your other plans for us, good stuff.

Taught them to play 304, a card game like bridge, except more mysterious. Played it with the crazy Venice cards, they loved it. Am now convinced that we are all grandmas...but very excited about the thought of a whole evening playing cards and Mahjong!

Meant to hit the gym hard today after all the junk we ate last night, but that plan was scuppered by:

1. My mother holding a committee meeting in our lounge, thus requiring me to help with stuff. This was particularly funny since at the next reunion thingie my mother's committee is doing a big dance and so lots of time was spent dancing around the front room.
2. My father inviting my uncle and family round to look at the new staircases (what an exciting invitation! I bet you're all jealous I've not invited you round to see the stairs). This, in principle, wouldn't have involved me, but my uncle has two young sons, Krishan (4) and Danushan (3), who required entertaining. Thus, instead of crosstraining and lifting at the gym, we watched 45 minutes of Power Rangers, counted chairs in the lounge, talked to ants, learnt about pipes, and ate food so that we would become big and strong. Fun times!

Well this week is hectic hectic with highlights including a coach matching event on Tuesday, OFSTED on Thursday, and the HSBC trip on Friday. This time next week I'll be in Toronto, woohoo!

Have a good week!