Monday, May 28, 2007

Oh Canada!

I am in Canada, woo hoo! I haven't met this person yet, but I hope to.


Flight was delayed and so spent 10 hours on the plane and a further hour in Customs & Immigration. However, lots of lovely Canadian people on the flight made up for this.

Crucially, since I have been here, I have eaten enough for food a week. Of special note are the four puddings we each polished off at the wedding yesterday (by we, I mean my cousins and I - and yes, it was a lovely wedding) and also the two buckets of KFC we ate last night after an epic game of charades. The charades was especially fun since the youngest player was 5 and thinks that whatever you are acting, the answer MUST be the Lion King. Added dynamic of boys vs. girls brought out a bitter rivalry but we made our peace after chicken.

Also met my littlest cousin who is almost 2; the last time I saw her she was just two weeks old, bless! She waddles around and squawks a lot - there is definitely a duck connection on there somewhere. Alarmingly, I am 22 years older than her. This means that when she is finally old enough to enjoy a beverage with me, I will be 40. Eeek!