Monday, October 30, 2006

Teacher training days are a gift sometimes. What a way to ease yourself back into school...a day of learning about interactive whiteboards (IWBs) and eating free food, yum yum. I think it might just be the IT geek in me, but the man doing the presentation was amazing, so entertaining. He used to be a maths teacher and knew exactly how to keep us engaged. The best thing he did wasn't to do with IWBs at all tho - he had this book called the "holy bible" and he was telling a story with it, and somehow managed to make the pages go from blank, to having black outlines of images, to being full colour pictures - it was so cool, especially cos I still can't figure out how he did it! I hope one day I can make my lessons as entertaining as his presentation (not to mention be able to do as much with my IWB as he could).

Went to the "Thriller" masterclass at the gym; realised I'm still ridiculously unco-ordinated when it comes to dancing to routines, but actually not a bad dancer. Got slightly obsessed with my image in the mirror, to the detriment of my dancing obviously, but still bags of fun. Decided to do no work tonight, will sort it out tomorrow.

Also decided that now is the time to finally get working on all those skills I've wanted for ages, so will start doing some research on piano lessons and also on how to create and interpret horoscopes (using birth charts the traditional ancient way). Random skills, yes, but I'm interested!

Ooooh and finally, the new head of sixth form approached me today and asked me if I'd be interested in teaching A-Level Sociology. Having had no experience of learning an Arts A-Level, let alone actually teaching one, of course I jumped at the chance.

Right, bed time. Patently will be dark when I have to wake up tomorrow, and also dark when I leave school, great. Roll on Christmas, only 7 weeks to go!