Sunday, October 01, 2006

Working

Wow, three days and no post, clearly someone's been working(!) Hahaha, well I have been working actually.

It's 20 minutes to 9 on Sunday night and I've just finished a whole day of lesson planning and marking coursework. I've literally done nothing else from 10am apart from an hour for lunch (and an hour's nap of course!). I had to skip the gym and choir rehearsal too cos so much to do. This teaching stuff is insane - I've figured out we really do 6 day weeks, and easily clock up about 60 hours a week, so all that extra bonus we think we get from holidays, we don't really, it's just a case of when we do the time.

My little brother made me laugh on Friday cos I got my pay slip and he laughed at how much I got paid. His actual words were "I wouldn't even get out of bed for that". This isn't true, clearly he would get out of bed for a grand, but he makes a point.

Anyway, the observation on Friday went well; the kids loved the work on tessellations and almost all of them understood it and managed to do the exam question on it, so that was good. Netball was fun too. Year 7 last lesson was awful; I now have first hand experience on how the class will riot if the work is too hard. I'll be trying again with Estimates Take II tomorrow. Spent some good time on TES finding some fun maths brainteasers, so hopefully things will be better this week.

Dropped little bro at uni on Sat - his "set" is amazing, he has a bedroom and his own little lounge/study room, plus a shared kitched and bathroom. Views of the Cam on one side and the quad on the other, so he's done pretty well. Spent all last night at an aunty's, despite my plan being to stay at home and rest and get that coursework marked, hence hecticness of today's work. Can't imagine how much of a panic I'd be in today had I made it to Bertie's birthday. Gutted to have missed that.

Ok, well, best go pop some Vitamin C. Gosh my life has become boring. On the plus side, 30 days without a drink and counting :)