Sunday, October 29, 2006

What's the best thing to do when you've got looooooads of work to do? That's right, mess about on your blog. Wise decision, very wise.

So, what're the highlights I hear you ask? Well, TF reunion on Thursday was good stuff, alas drank far too much and ended up in Farringdon (though managed to stay out of Fabric, so one "good girl" point to me). Even did the outrageous and let uni friends meet teaching friends (shocking, I know!). It's all part of making everyone friends with everyone...I will reach my goal eventually.

Friday night in Oxford was epic - I love my Furies and I love my Keble and, of course, I love my goooooose! Was so much fun, I honestly had forgotten how much of a laugh we all have together. Great to catch up just generally, and oh the drinking games, the fun never stops! Did a spectacular good deed by inviting a lost looking girl to come sit with us in the pub while she waited for a her friends. Undid my good deed by being a complete prick to the bouncers at PT (will apologise to them when I'm next up). Drank far far too much again, and worst of it all was that we were back in the goose less than 12 hours later and I was still in the same clothes (oh dear indeed). Oh well, it's a one off. Loved watching Keble - Teddy Hall play on Sat morning today; although really shoulda been to that lunch back in Essex, whoops!

Spent most of yesterday hungover, spent most of today at a wedding in Maidenhead. Was up at 8am to get ready (saris take faaaar too long....can't wait for the "throw on" sari to be invented!). Lovely wedding - first one I've been to where the couple are Sinhalese and Tamil, thus two weddings one after the other. Sinhalese wedding was cool - they have acrobatic dancers in amazing costumes to parade the bride and groom, it was wicked cool! Sadly you had to be quiet during that ceremony, whereas in the Tamil ceremony there's loads of music so we can chatter away. Was weird though, sitting in that wedding, cos I kept thinking how expensive weddings are (most of them are £15k+ nowadays) which is so strange to when you think how poor people back in Sri Lanka are, and then how rich and decadent we all are over here.

Another strange thing was how my folks have started talking about my wedding, which is alarming in so many ways it's unreal. I accidentally knocked over a flower display at today's wedding - I'd like to think it was in shock when the conversation turned to my future matrimony. How can they be thinking about this, I'm still a kid! Well, I act like one anyway!

My lil cousin told me that her Mum wouldn't let her bring her dollies to the wedding - her dollies named Katie and Matthew! Texted Jonno and told her - I mean, what are the chances? And also what are the chances of me losing my yoghurt bet? Pretty not slim to none it seems. It's in the post Mouchio.

Went to choir rehearsal, along with the lovely Jade - well done Jade, finally someone who can read music and then actually sing what it says! Hope you'll be coming back!

Aaargh, why is half-term over already? Enough rambling. Big "Yo"s to the girls reading this at work, to my Furies and Disney gypsies, and to anyone else procrastinating.