Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Naps!

Aaah, naps. Naps naps naps. What a lovely word.

I've been missing them. Sleeping in the afternoon is like breathing to me - essential to keep me alive. My sleep deficiency could very well explain why teaching feels so tough.

Today I skived most of my busy day. Naughty I know. I didn't mean to. There was just really bad traffic in the morning due to a road being closed (I actually got diverted back past my own road after sitting in traffic for half an hour - what a joke) so I went back home and had a cup of tea. Managed to make it in in time for lesson 2, but then spent aaaall morning marking homework on translations and reflections, good fun, thus accidentally missing my year 9 and 10 support classes, whoops :)

Good turn out to football at lunchtime, am impressed, reckon that could be pretty good. Then had my mentoring session, nice chatter chatter, before flying off home to nap. Yay! I feel so refreshed, I love naps. And tea. And Neighbours. All of these things are very important and help keep the perspective.

Been busy trying to fight off all the millions of dreaded germs these kids seem to have. Sadly it seems this is a losing battle - my vitamin C/zinc/echinacea combo is being neutralised by the wicked Lariam. I sense I will be sick with something by the weekend, which makes all the moving around of stuff on Saturday rather inconvenient (both bros are off to uni, hence room reshuffle...yay, no more bunk beds!)

In other news, was pretty gutted to hear the latest about the Harrow School murder. Feel really sorry for the guy who's been accused of it, and also everyone concerned. He was a nice enough guy, if a little intense now and then. I knew he was a bit wired, but would never have thought anything like that would happen. I guess you can never really know what people are driven to.

Anyway, enough somber thoughts, need to get planning for tomorrow!

Potter, good work slacking :) Keep it up, Furies Ltd. needs you!