Thursday, September 14, 2006

Reality strikes

Dang me for being so dang smug; smugness inevitably leads to disaster. I don't think I can bring myself to recount the days. *shudder*. Some of the highlights of Weds include:

1. Insomnia (in fact, I am blaming lack of sleep for the whole rubbishness that followed).

2. Reversing my car into my Dad's car, which was parked nowhere near our driveway, but I still managed to hit it. Why oh why can't I drive?!

3. Leaving late because of hitting Dad's car and so getting caught in the biggest traffic jam in the world on the A406, leading to
being late for school, getting bollocked for it, and missing a meeting too.
4. Breaking down about 30 cardboard boxes and being on uniform guard during lesson 1 (for some reason the new school uniform has been left in the maths block, and kids just walk in and out and nick things).

5. Chasing (literally chasing) disruptive kids around the school for the whole of lesson 2

6. Telling kids they can't come down the corridor and then listening to them say "but Miss, but Miss" for the whole of break.

7. Co-teaching Year 9 and Year 10 lessons 4 and 5 (this is when things started going
really badly; I can't remember what happened because I am blocking it from my memory)
8. Leaving school after another looooong meeting to get caught in another traffic jam.

9. Getting completely lost on the way to visit Ish & Clare, and stuck in more f*cking traffic.

10. Having the petrol warning lights flash at me while being lost (not a good sign, especially when you don't even know whether your car takes petrol or diesel, or indeed how to open the petrol thingie)

11. Panic-buying petrol with spare change while brother guides me over the phone

12. Getting home and
being a complete witch to my family
13. Trying to get to Ish & Clare's again, this time by public transport

14. Pouring rain once I got out the station, helpful when wandering around in the dark trying to find the right bus, which was inevitably the
wrong bus, and thus getting lost again
15.
Finally making it there, 2 hours late.and then coming across as a nervous wreck at dinner. Then properly torrential rain when I got out of the station back home just before midnight, what a way to seal the day.

Thursday was positively a blast compared to Weds, although my Year 8s were complete nightmares, ruined my day. Had to do a lunch time detention, send two kids out of the lesson, and shout at them all. On the plus side, made two boys cry, while I still haven't cried about school, which I think puts me in the minority.


So glad it's almost the weekend, I need a break!

PS Sincere appreciation to Ish, Clare, and Ladun for keeping me smiling.
PPS Welcome back to England Potter!