Monday, September 18, 2006

Grumble grumble grumble

Aaaaargh! These kids are seriously testing my patience! So much so that I feel the need to write in red.

Some highlights from today:

1. I was called a bitch/witch by a tiny Y8 boy - I think I could snap this boy in half...this might well happen at some point, he is driving me to despair. And there was me thinking it'd be a good lesson cos Sonny was home sick. I think it's a bad sign that I am pleased when kids are home sick.

2. Had to do a Y10 English cover lesson. Kids were meant to be writing a poem with similes. Girls thought it'd be more fun to write a rap about fat people and practice it really loudly throughout the lesson. I ask them to stop and am accused of racism. Interesting. I am not convinced they know what racism is. One girl threatens to sue me. I invite her to write a poem about suing people. She is not impressed. The girls were good compared to the boys, who thought it'd be more fun to climb and jump from tables. I give up trying to stop them and begin secretly hoping one will fall and slightly hurt something so that the others stop (although this would then probably require me to do something, so I didn't really want this to happen). My arm aches from checking my watch and counting down the minutes.

3. Y11 maths - one girl's moisturiser leaks in her bag causing much drama for the whole class. Another girl screams in her friend's ear. Victim screams out "f*****ck" and "you bloody c*nt". The kids that don't speak English have no clue how to translate shapes 3 squares left/2 squares up etc., and so proceed to try and copy shapes wherever they want on the page. Joanna continually chews gum (I don't understand, I confiscate at least a pack off her every day...does she maybe own a gum factory?) Gemma sneaks out of the lesson and then reappears. "I had to go to the toilet Miss". "Why didn't you ask me Gemma?" "Cos you'd say no Miss". "So you thought you'd just leave anyway Gemma?" "Yes Miss". Enough said again.

4. All afternoon spent in Foundation Day Ceremony. At least this was 2 hours of light dozing.

Hmmm, so yes, I think the reality of spending all day with juvenile delinquents is setting in. I am counting down the weeks to half-term - FIVE!

In other news, bro's birthday on Sat night went really well, wicked fun, I do love a good party. Did the whole night on Fruit Shoots (deeeelicious!) and had much comedy fun trying to remember everyone's names. Also managed not to waste too much food, although am still gutted about all the stuff that had to be thrown. Lil brother's comedy driving made me smile too...he turns left off a dual carriageway and up through a pedestrian crossing on to a pavement, but he very kindly indicates left before doing this. Good stuff, am sure his instructor would be really pleased.

Feeling 23 today, I can sense the maturity in me. For example, I have decided that there is no point planning whole lessons for tomorrow cos the little monsters will spend half the lesson driving me insane. Aaaah, I can't wait till I really lose my temper, whichever monster is the lucky winner of this prize will really regret it.

Also feeling 23 cos went a bit mad at the gym today and now my body aches. I'm sure it's the gym and not age...

Grumble grumble grumble. I miss being a student.

Cheers for the birthday cards girls :) See, I am still smiling, even if it's through gritted teeth.

PS Blame the Lariam.