Monday, September 25, 2006

Share the blog?

Browsing the TF extranet earlier, I noticed an article from one of the sponsors requesting teachers with blogs to volunteer to participate in a presentation on blogging to all 33 London LEAs (Local Education Authorities). I was vaguely tempted...I do need to credits after all. But given the content of my blog, this might be a bad idea...

Anyway, today was a pretty good day. Started off rocky with year 8s lesson 1. New laptop didn't have PowerPoint or Word on it (useful) and refused to connect to the interactive whiteboard. Was a great exercise in freestyling a lesson since I had it all planned on my USB stick and couldn't get to it. It didn't go too badly though.

Year 11s and 7s were good banter lessons, plus the kids seemed to understand the work and do it, so thumbs up there.

Spent all afternoon marking books...and am still only halfway through! Cheeky Monkey (year 8) and Swearer Girl (year 7) served their time in lunch time detention. Muslim kids are trying their best to use Ramadan as an excuse not to do detention, but am trying to be strict on it. Loads of kids are asking me why I'm not fasting: "But Miss, you're brown tho innit". Interesting.

In other news: to quell all the concern, don't worry, I haven't cracked up, I'm doing ok :) Clearly I am sending out the wrong messages to people. Yes, I'm a wee bit stressed and overwhelmed, but it's nothing major. Contrary to popular belief, I am really enjoying my job - the highs are really high, and I do love the kids (in a legal way :)) So thanks for your concern, but really, I'm ok.

Shout-outs to anyone reading this from out of the country. Shout-outs too to people reading this in the office while pretending to work. And due to requests, the comment facility has been extended to non-Blogger members, so everyone should be able to write whatever they want. But no pressure - I don't know how well I'd deal with the feedback.

Aaah, hot chocolate time for Grandma.