Monday, September 04, 2006

Day 1

When I was a kid I remember clock-watching under droopy lids. Day after day, week after week, wishing my boring lessons away. What an awful thing to do. I thought I'd grow out of this. Clearly not.

So, day one was "interesting" in only way interesting can be used from now on. At least I didn't have to teach!


Highlights:


1. Free lunch!

2. Comedy uniform policy

3. My "classroom" aka the boxroom office...aaaah cosy

4. Not getting my car towed away

5. Not crashing my car

6. Hilarious conversations with family about locks on doors, tweed jackets, and surprise parties

7. My school thinking I could teach Maths, PE AND Textiles (I mean, what on earth is there to teach about textiles?!)

8. A wonderful, supportive, bonded department that are doing all they can to make me feel ok
9. Not feeling completely out of my depth

Lowlights:


1. Having a cold

2. Removing approx 200 million staples from the wall (how stupid is sugar paper?)

3. Pretending to care about boring people and their rubbish conversation (ooooh, harsh...but true. Still, I am an excellent faker, no-one will know)

4. Having soooooo many more things to organise

5. Teaching Y11 set 6 instead of set 4 (although they may well be "special" which will be fun)
6. Wondering what I'm letting myself in for after hearing about some of the more "interesting" characters in the school.

Lots more exciting training stuff to come in the next few days, great. No cow-watching or cat-stealing today, although did go for a jolly run and wrote a lesson plan in 40 mins. My world today is full of school; there are worse things it could be full of. Rock on.