Monday, September 11, 2006

Monday

Why is it so hard to wake up on Mondays? Someone should research this.

Thinking about it, it's probably because of lying-in on Sunday and then going to bed really late. Ok, forget the research.

Today was a good day full of comedy:

1. Two Year 11 girls in my class spent the whole hour talking in what I presume to be "old Nigerian woman"...very very funny, although I was trying to be serious and not laugh; another Year 11 girl sounds like she is screaming, but really she is sneezing; also very funny.
2. I managed to get Gemma (a girl who is known as a "school-refuser") to stay for the whole lesson.
3. A good proportion of my Year 11s have very poor English, which makes conversations about statistics interesting. It also encourages very creative interpretations of my name.
4. I managed to incorporate Lamaze breathing into the lesson. (hahaha, the spell check wants me to change that to "lamas"...maybe I will incorporate lamas tomorrow)
5. Year 7 sat and did a whole hour of tests without causing trouble; plus I don't have to teach them tomorrow because they're doing some kinda cognitive test in my lesson, whoop! (is it bad that I am already cherishing not teaching?)
6. I got to mark in green pen. And write on the board.
7. I just realised I get to do the above every day :) I hope it doesn't lose its sparkle.
8. I went on a wicked long run, and am still feeling the buzz.
9. Lots of other TFs are getting destroyed by their classes, so am counting my blessings.
10. My car makes cool roaring sounds. This is actually encouraging me to stay in first gear for aaaaages; first gear makes the best roar.

Potter, you shall get your yogurt once I win mine off of Mouche i.e. next year.
Mouche, I am taller than you. Let's not start this again.

Quote of the day: "It
seems your office is in a big mess it might take you ages to get it in order. Don't worry, you are not alone. My shelf is in a terrible state too. All the books are dusty and there is no space for any new books. I'll start workin on it next week when people have started borrowing books. I guess it's still fun time for you, at least for now before kids start throwing stuff at you and making fun at you. I would love to see the kids make fun at you. I guess you were a clown in school now it's payback time!!!!"

Thank you Stevo, I hope you get your shelf sorted.

And I hope it's not payback time!