Sunday, January 07, 2007

Intimacy

This is the title of the book I'm reading now. It's written by Hanif Kureishi, which sounds like something you could order off a menu:

Waiter: Are you ready to order, Madam?
Customer: Why yes, I am. May I have kohlapuri chicken with peshwari naan, some aloo gobi and some raita? Oh and some hanif kureishi too please.

I guess you could do that with any ethnic sounding name, but Kureishi just sounds so tasty. I'm only a few pages into it, but it's already quite deep stuff. The best lines so far are: "because words are actions and they make things happen. Once they are out you cannot put them back". Very true.

I also like this book because the font is nice and it is well spaced. Yes, I am getting old. Sadly though, there hasn't been any mention of fruit yet, which was a definite strong point of Oranges. By the way Mouche, this book is even more about you than you realise...quite the shocker in fact. I take it you have read it? And no, hurting veins isn't a good thing. I might add some orange Sainsbury's carrier bags to the pile of stuff (henceforth known as PoS) because they are so pretty.

I should be lesson planning, but I think this term I am going to take a more "relaxed" approach to lessons. Blagging is very common in the teaching profession so I think it's time I gave it a go. Besides, blagging is only one letter away from blogging, and I can do that pretty well :)

Puja, I will not be writing in sky blue again until you publicly declare your love for the colour on my blog. Also, I put the chicken stuff in the fridge after you guys dropped me off, but when I woke up on Sunday, it had already gone! I told you food moves quick in my house!