Sunday, January 21, 2007

That time of the term

Yes, we're at that time of the term already, where the kids have settled back, we're into the trudge of learning and meetings and assemblies and coursework, and the next holiday seems a decade away. As a matter of fact, we have three more weeks of school until half-term, but I can already sense they will go ever so slowly. It's kinda like 5th week blues, except it goes on for aaaages. Term-time blues.

The hecticness of last week made me thoroughly blue this weekend. Don't worry, I am perked up now. Friday was knackering, particularly because my Y8 girls' team had a Borough tournament after school. They got knocked out during the group stages, but I'm proud of them. I got home at 7:30pm and was in bed by 9:00pm, thus missing Ish's birthday party. Poor form.

Tiredness has been further exacerbated by the fact that our house has a big tarpaulin sheet over the roof due to the loft conversion that's currently taking place (err hello? who takes the roof off a house in bitterly cold January? Well, my family for starters...). During the day the sheet is quiet, but come night-time, it goes mad and shakes and rustles and essentially stops you sleeping. Grr. Consequently, I felt even more rough on Sat and so I missed Fi's birthday party too. Very poor form.

Today I feel better. Our match was cancelled so I made myself run 5km to get rid of any lingering miserygutsness. I have planned my lessons for the week and have vowed not to think about school again until tomorrow. Good plan. I have also spent considerable time belting our The Fratellis, thus returning the smile to my face.

Two new words for you Mouchio: munificent and grandiloquent.

Looking forward to Old Furies this weekend; they may conquer us physically, but our superior lexicon is interminable.