Thursday, January 11, 2007

New words

I am learning from Intimacy. Check out these exciting new words:

"Unlike me she doesn't constantly
lucubrate on the splendours and depths of her mind."
"But to keep everything going she can be bullying and strict, with a hard, charmless
carapace."
"I have wavered,
vacillated and searched myself for a reason to stay."

Actually, I guess I'm not really learning just yet as I don't know what these words mean. Answers on a postcard. Or in a comment.

In other news, D is behaving much better after being put on maths department report...fingers crossed he stays well behaved. Y11 parents' evening tonight went pretty well; most people seemed to believe I was a teacher, which is promising :) Spent period 1 in the first aid room learning about medical care at school. Also got in touch with the good people at Forest to organise a little visit back to my alma mater. Risky since once I see how "nice" teaching could be, will life in the academy ever be able to compare?