Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A good day, even with drama

Today went well. Mostly. I had some lovely attendees at my maths support club, and all my lessons were good - I think I gave out about 20 merits in the day, that's loads. Y10 were really great, worked really hard etc. I think my day depends on Y10 and my tutor group - if they are both good, then the day is good.

Have two kids on blue report (danger of exclusion) and one girl currently excluded, plus some other TROUBLEMAKERS. Wish they could behave better. On the plus side, had a discussion with my Learning Log mentor, and he seems to think we're making good progress on the goals. This is despite the Head of Y12 having to postpone the Cambridge trip that I spent ages trying to organise. Grrr.

Only have one set of books left to mark this week, yay! Also, tomorrow is World Maths Day so I figure I will take my classes to the computer rooms so they can take part online. Obviously this is a recipe for disaster since the website will crash and the kids will riot. Oh well. I am happy right now.

One minor drama today though. Apparently I have had so much time off school that I am in danger of not passing my NQT year. That is awful bad news, equivalent to failing, I can't be doing that. Except I have already resigned my post, so it'll be tricky to have to extend my training to another term. Plus I don't want to have to come back in September, I already have a job lined up. I can't believe it really, I'm slightly shocked, since I was so highly rated last year, and now this year they think I'm going to fail. Crumbs. Better pull my socks up. I'm sure it'll be fine...

That's all for now. National Bed Month remember? Go to bed!