Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Too busy to mark, heehee

Wow, it's been AAAGES since I posted on here. Bad me, whoops. I have been truly busy busy. Hmm.

I am busy today too, I have just decided not to do any of my work. This is a mistake, clearly, since I have no other evenings free this week. Whoops again.

So what's new? 8 teaching days to go, woo hoo! School is as nuts as usual, all the kids are behaving either really well, or really badly. Loads of my tutor group are being naughty, but my Y10s are a little better. My Y12s are lovely, we discussed Marxism and feminism today, and they became all argumentative and then cynical, it's great to see them connecting with the arguments.

I'm being observed lesson 4 on Thursday, great. I haven't planned a lesson yet. Tomorrow night it's the launch of TF Advocates - a mentoring programme for gifted and talented Y12s to help them with uni applications. Should be good. Have Y12 parents' evening on Thursday too, more great. I don't think ANY books are going to get marked this week. Also, I have no time to go to the gym.

It's weird, I seem to alternate between extreme leisure/fun time and just loads of school work. I have taken to spending almost all my spare time with X, which is awesome. We went to Stonehenge weekend just gone, was properly cool, those stones are HUGE! Also saw a poor adaptation of Love in the Time of Cholera and an excellent version of The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I enjoy my time off so much that the time at work and during the week have become even tougher to get through because I compare it constantly with how happy I could be if it was the weekend.

I'm going to Toronto at the spring break, great! That's a genuine great :) Apart from that, I've been spending a lot of thinking time having minor panics about my life and my decisions and the future. As soon as the panic leads to a shortness of breath, I disengage. I wonder what will happen when I really think about these things?

I guess I better start planning that lesson, especially since I've already accidentally had a two-hour nap, so sleeping now is probably not an option.

Will do my best to update more regularly, who cares about marking?