Saturday, April 26, 2008

Feeling awesome

It's Saturday afternoon, sunny sunny sunny, wearing shorts and t-shirt, feeling pretty damn awesome. Really awesome, it's great!

Have done all my work for the weekend already, somehow accidentally woke up at 7:45am and just decided to get on with it. Am now planned all the way up to exam week, which means no more long sessions of weekend lesson planning for me, woo hoo! Spent some good "work" time dancing around my room and looking out at the neighbour in the blue skies, lovely.

Lovely rice and curry lunch, yum yum yum, just what I need to set me up for a good afternoon nap. Was contemplating taking the nap to the park, but then realised this probably wasn't the safest, so am going to my "sauna" loft room instead.

Can't really get across how good I'm feeling at the moment. Was partly worried that maybe I was getting high again, but I don't think so, I think I'm just going back to being that person I was back in school, just happy about lots of things at the same time. Things seem to be working out my way for the most part, and the bits that aren't, well that's not so bad. The sun's shining, it's the weekend, and I'm going to have fun for the rest of it, yay!

School was all good this week, and last night Avenue Q was great, so so funny, the songs are just hilarious, and it's a really good concept. Like half black comedy, a quarter completely politically incorrect, a quarter naive optimism. I loved the puppet/people dynamic, was very well done, and all the characters and storyline were engaging. Only downer was the seats at the Noel Coward Theatre - would advise you to bring your own! Was also really good just to sit and chatter with the girls over dinner, lots of stuff to catch up on, and some quality time always makes me feel chipper.

This morning, apart from doing my work, we had guests round, so I was playing the good girl, and that was good fun. I made the tea and served things, and I cleaned and did the laundry, and help my mum cook, and she taught me some bhangra moves from her class this morning, and my dad and brother were messing around and joking, and my grandfather was happy because we were all there (we're really busy in the week) so it was just nice and good. Like how a weekend should be.

I've decided that this has all stemmed from feeling like I'm in control of things (and also not being hungover!) and also from feeling like I'm achieving things, and just seeing the good in things, like appreciating things I don't normally take the time to appreciate. And also just being close to people and being honest with them. It's all making me feel really happy, the happiness is in waves, they just keep coming and filling me up and making me feel really glad to be alive. This probably sounds nuts, but I hope the feeling lasts.

You know what? I think I would take a few days of feeling utterly miserable to feel like this afterwards. If it is this bipolar stuff making me like this, right now, I love it.