Monday, April 21, 2008

First day back

Day 1 of the summer term. An INSET day. The theme - literacy. In theory an interesting topic. In practice, boooring. My whole department switched off. Highlights included breakfast, coffee time, and lunch. Also learning what some Greek words meant (I want to play the literacy computer game Lexia, but it seems to be only for the kids who can't read that well). And finally sleeping last night, and also having an afternoon nap.

Managed to put off the planning all holiday. Finally have to plan. Am in two minds. Mind one says work really hard tonight, tomorrow night, Weds night (Y7 parents' evening on Thurs night, Avenue Q on Friday night!) and Saturday day so that by that time I have planned all my lessons up until half-term. Mind two says plan the four lessons for tomorrow and leave it at that. I want to listen to mind one, but I fear mind two will win out.

Big dramas trying to book a holiday for half-term, but it will be done, because it's good to have something to look forward to. Can't believe I only have twelve more weeks of teaching to go. Seems really short, and really long at the same time.

Right, time for supper. Will think about the planning afterwards (woo procrastination!)