Thursday, April 17, 2008

Last day in Canada, first days back in London

Last day in Canada. Boo. I like Canada. I like being on holiday.

Thinking positive. Right. My own double-ish bed back. Sunshine in London. Summer term. Yay, I love summer!

My cousin's book was in The Metro today, woo hoo! Read the review here. We are all super proud.

So yesterday we went on an epic tourist venture. I did loads of shopping. I mean loads. My bag feels like there are small children in it. I don't pack very well I don't think. We also went to the ROM, which is another awesome museum. It's best feature is all the kids stuff - loads of the exhibits are traditional museum fare, but more appealing to kids (and so, me). For example, you could try on coats of armour, count live frogs, crawl through a fox hole, touch dino bones, unfold python skin, draw pictures, get stickers, and ask random questions to all the super keen museum guides. Was properly ace, we had so much fun, check the pictures on facebook.

We had a serious feast of a lunch at a Vietnamese place downtown. Tasty tasty food and excellent Mug rootbeer. I am adding Rootbeer to my list of yummy Canada food that you can't get in England for no good reason. I don't understand what rootbeer is, but it tastes so good.

After the Museum we walked to the square in front of Toronto City Hall and ate big ice creams/drank slushies. Scary sea gulls tried to get us, but we escaped. We walked all the way down to the harbour front, an epic trek, with some of us becoming rather hysterical on the way, excellent, just the way a good walk should be. Then we took the subway back to the Yorkdale mall and did some shopping. Sometimes in a shop I just want to buy everything, I become scarily materialistic, and that's when I want to go back and work in the city, so I can buy everything. But anyway, what I bought is good enough, and buying everything would mean I would be way over the baggage limit.

Update: am now back in London, and the weather is miserable, but it's not so bad being back. I feel a bit fuggy, jet lag I guess, I've not really been sleeping too well. Hmm. Have a coupla chill days before school starts, cool. Apart from the interview yesterday, which was kinda ok, but not great, I'm not too confident about that, but I don't know how much I want it, I'm happy enough to go back to Oxford. Nothing else too much to report, just got books to mark etc. Back to the grind. Yeah.