Monday, April 28, 2008

Thinking of school even when not at school

I thought that now all the parents' evenings were out of the way, things would relax a little. Err no.

Three things that I don't want to do that I will have to do this term:

1. Full reports i.e the comment reports for EVERY class I teach. This means writing 150 paragraphs that are all pointless since the kids mostly don't read on them, and certainly don't act on them. Plus the computer program that you have to do it on is stupid, and the whole thing takes ages. In other words, boooring.

2. Marking - the real bane of my existence. How on earth can I get rid of this rope around my neck? My favourite and best solution is to get the kids to mark their own books in class. Sure they learn less maths this way since lesson time is used for ticking, and sure this means they can cheat and copy homework and just fill in the answers as we go along, but the ones that are inclined to do this would have found some way to get out of homework anyway, so I think this is the strategy that I will have to pilot. There's no way I am spending next weekend marking silly exercise books. No way.

3. My NQT folder - I have nothing of value to put in it, and I can't be bothered to collect/make up "evidence" of reaching the teaching standards. Stupid paperwork. I only have 5 more sick days anyway, and then my NQT year will be rubbished, so I am ignoring this folder until the very end.

10 more weeks of school is too long, fire me now, I want to be unemployed! Aaaaaarrrrgggghhh.

I think I should go to bed.