Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Day 30 + later in the evening ramblings

Day 1 of the summer term. I have called it Day 30 since this is how long my Y11s are in school for before study leave. Only 29 days with them to go, how sad! I do love that class.

Anyway, so far so good. New behaviour policy was implemented today. I don't think I fully understand it. Clearly made an error since have filled in 0 incident sheets today, whilst the more experienced and senior teachers have filled out looooooads. Obviously in two weeks when my classes are running riot, this will be why.

Strangely I feel like I have nothing pressing to do right now. I better enjoy this feeling - no doubt it will vanish rapidly in about 10 minutes when I actually let myself think about what I have to do.

Sprousey, perhaps I should submit a thesis on why ethnic people are more punctually challenged? I'm sure I read somewhere it was because the emphasis on time is much greater in Western societies, whereas in our ethnic worlds, time doesn't matter, events happen when they happen. Also, who is JM? I've forgotten, crumbs.

What else? Well, I stumbled upon this blog since it was the one that had just been updated as I signed into blogger. Haven't read it, but how cute are the babies on there? Forget mixed race babies, now I want Aryan ones.

Update - 22:23

Some things I forgot to mention/have happened since my post:

1. Sparrow had some tests done today and she'll get the results soon, but she's been feeling better. Yay!
2. I made awful fun of a Y11 girl in my group for having a lovebite. Not very professional.
3. Birds pooed all over my car bonnet while I was at piano, grrr. Still, my little car is in dire need of a wash, so I guess it's time.
4. I remembered to pick up my dry cleaning but forgot to take enough money. Whoops.
5. I realised that my "piano crazy" is back - namely being unable to control my hands independently of one another, and also completely freaking out if my hands touch each other or Jade's when we play. It is now an official syndrome.
6. I went to an amazing dance class at the gym. We are learning a routine to Entourage. At the start of the class there were about 35 people, and by the end less than 20 were left. Clearly we are the hardcore. I have limited co-ordination, but was so much fun!
7. I watched a great Horizon on intelligences, which featured Gardner's multiple intelligence theory (of SI Professional Studies fame).

What a great list of stuff I've done. How interesting for you to read.