Monday, April 30, 2007

How the other half learns

"Little Angel" J in Y7 was true to her word and didn't turn up to school today, excellent, thus giving me back an hour of my life. Apparently her mother is punishing her poor behaviour by keeping her at home - kinda like an exclusion set by the parents. She seems to think this punishment will help her behave better, but I'm not convinced. Clearly she will just save all her wildness and bring it all back to school with her.

So anyway, I had an hour back, and I could have used it profitably e.g. by marking my Y7 tests, by entering my Y8 reports into the system, by planning lessons, by sorting out my teaching file. What did I chose to do? Drink tea. Yay!

Rant alert! Not looking forward to trekking it to Canterbury tomorrow, grumble grumble grumble. They don't want us to be late, so they decide to hold the session 3 hours away from my house, boooo!

On a more positive note, teachers make sure you watch How the other half learns on Channel 5, 8:00pm this Weds - looks very interesting and will no doubt inspire you to run away to a nice private school! I'm not sure if Preston Manor is a TF school but it sounds very similar to one, so anyone who seems to think I make up stories about madness at my school should watch the program and see that I'm telling the truth!

Also check out this article on Teacher Blogs...hahahaha! Wonder how long it'll be before my school gets a blogging policy?