Thursday, April 12, 2007

Scrabble + Trash Palace

The sun was absent this afternoon so CK and I relocated to The Court near UCL for our scrabbling. Mouche joined us for a bit of a threesome and entertained us all with her fake word of the evening laming - supposedly the present participle of the verb to lame. In theory it sounds like a word, and MT has said that it is, as has dictionary.com, but I can't think of any occassion on which it could be used. Controversial. Also got thoroughly confused when trying to spell that word that means the coloured bit around nipples (areola - but I spelt it aeriole), which, along with CK's imam (turns out this IS a word for Muslim priests, rather than iman as I thought it was) ultimately cost me the game. Sigh. A very colourful board nonetheless including such beauties as: foodie, coy, fart, virile, bricked, mews, vertex, quo, fez and keystone.

After the game and a guzzled 3 pints (my beer baby is growing) we trotted along to Trash Palace (another gay bar I can add to my list courtesy of CK & co.) to see Gid and Josh. Josh told us the sad news that Noor has broken her arm snowboarding, oh dear. Gid is still amazing, even after partying hard for two weeks in New York. I decided that he is very personable, in an Ish kinda way, and that it could be cool if they met, I'm sure they'd get on. Although I'm not sure what she'd say about his gay jokes:

What did the lesbian do on her second date? Hire a U-Haul truck.
What did the gay man do on his second date? Second date, what second date?

I now feel vaguely hungover, which is a bad sign for the work I "intend" to do tomorrow. But a good evening indeed.