Saturday, March 03, 2007

Friday

Friday was really rather good.

In the style of the drama department, here are my WWWs (What Went Wells)
  1. It was sunny.
  2. All my lessons went well, including great banter with Y7.
  3. I taught a solo cornerfootball PE lesson, and it didn't all go belly-up.
  4. Twenty-four girls turned up to the indoor lunchtime kickaround...some lovely bonding between Y9 and Y7.
  5. I completed all my mid-term reports and marking.
  6. Staff kickabout after school was wicked fun.
  7. Lucky Strike Night was even more fun including some people actually "striking it lucky" woo hoo! (if you've not been to The Langley, go, it's a lovely little bar with reasonable drinks and a party atmosphere)
  8. Having an amazing massage by the people from Urban Chill.
  9. Managed to catch the last train home despite actually missing it at Holborn (for some reason it was waiting at Leytonstone...I'd like to think it was waiting just for me).
  10. I am only slightly hungover today and didn't spend that much money.
Here are my EBIs (Even Better Ifs):
  1. I hadn't been poorly tackled by an 11 year old and didn't have a swollen knee.
  2. After said tackle, another annoying 11 year old (with gross eczema - but that's an aside) singing "you fell over, you fell over" at the top of her lungs. Thanks.
  3. I didn't confess to lots of TFers last night that I was accused of perving on the Y11 weightlifting boys by my Y9 girls.
  4. I hadn't given the Y9 girls a reason to think I was perving at all (I was just getting the bibs from the boys' gym, honest!)
  5. My lungs were smoke-free today (I think I have passively undone all my hard gym work...and maybe a tiny bit actively too....that's the guilt talking).
  6. F in Y10 wasn't blanking me (it is weird when a kid is cross with you).
Other good news:
  1. I managed to reverse park on to the curb!
  2. I got paid.
  3. Keble women are cuppers champions!
  4. I got an email from Ladun - hi Laddles, how are you? So great to hear things are going well for you....sounds like you're in heaven! And you know I believe in heaven more than in hell.
  5. Plans to go to Italy in the break are rolling forward!
  6. I managed to put some money into my ISA - saving is a real achievement for me.
Other not-so-good news:
  1. My parents disrupted my afternoon nap by arguing. How inconsiderate. I wonder if I'll ever move out....
  2. I have to read about sixty different articles on dyscalculia and EAL needs so that I can make a presentation for our Subject Studies Day on Monday (I think we're being OFSTEDed - great).
  3. The bargainous trousers I bought today have a button missing - maybe this is why they were bargainous?
And on a final positive note, we got back from the temple (spiritual props to me) about an hour ago, and it was closing early because there's a lunar eclipse or something tonight - how exciting!