Sunday, March 18, 2007

Very Inefficient Lesson Planning

By lesson planning, I mean procrastination. I hate lesson planning. I think I've said this before. Woo hoo, only two more Sundays of planning and then it's Easter break. Let's woo hoo one more time...something to aim for!

So during my procrastination I have:

1. More or less read the entire Sunday Times Online.
2. Messed about on Facebook
3. Eaten half the Rococo plain chocolate bar we got for free (yum yum, although now I feel a bit sick)
4. Chewed 3 pieces of gum
5. Drank 2 glasses of water

On the plus side, I have now managed to plan two lessons. Well done me.

Anyway, I'm going to have lunch now, but I will probably be back later. In the meantime, here and here are some good short posts by other teachers, with whom I can most definitely sympathise. Seems like teaching is tough for everyone, just gotta focus on the old light at the end of the tunnel. And by that I mean the Easter break!

Happy birthday Mouchio! Another year older, another year wiser, another year sillier :)

Update 17:00
Lessons for Y7 and Y8 planned, including one super-duper group work lesson on birthday parties and making formulae to figure out how many balloons, pizzas, cups etc. we need. Got the idea mymaths and am risking the old group work since am being observed with Y8 on Thurs. Have decided not to plan too enthusiastically or look forward to this lesson since this could jinx it.

Y11 lessons still to be planned - covering probability for the last time before GCSEs this week. Am being observed on Tues with Y11 so this will require some work. Two observations in one week, bang.

In other news, am still obsessed with Extreme's "More Than Words", have sung along to it approx 11 times already this afternoon. Time for a tea break.

Update 20:38
Lesson planning complete for the day! Whoop! Hilariously inefficient though. Oh well.
In other news, my Mum is very pleased with her mini-roses pot plant and Belgian chocolate egg, which makes me pleased. Also listened in on an interesting discussion my parents were having with a doctor friend of theirs about the best car to buy right now (best car = the nicest car that won't actually get nicked by the various criminals who come to our road just to rob stuff). Realised I wouldn't be able to buy aaaaaany of these cars for about 50 years with this crummy pay, and even then only if I am willing to live in said car because I sure as heck won't be able to afford any kinda house independently. Decided that tomorrow I will find out how long it will take me to earn £30k a year, before
allowing the shocking answer to lead me to once again contemplate my "coulda been" life in the City, and to drive me to ginger bread men.