Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Special Times

This is my 100th post! How exciting!

In further special times news, Sunday was my 6th month anniversary of teaching. 6 months eh, can you believe it?

How have I celebrated? By falling spectularly ill. Good choice. I haven't been to school since last Friday.

Admittedly Monday was a SS day, and I was only slightly coughing through that. To the untrained eye, I appear to be fine. I mean, I'm sitting here writing this blog aren't I? But you have to remember that "I am a machine". Yes. So despite not appearing to actually be properly ill, I am not my normal energetic self. The fact that I am home is a big thing since so far I haven't taken any time off and I can't remember the last time I actually had to skip stuff because I was ill (if you don't count the torn ACL that is).

So clues that I am ill:

1. Spent about 80% of each of the past two days in bed with a nice pot of Vicks.
2. Been wearing pyjamas since Monday night.
3. Haven't been to the gym, played my piano, or attended mid-week lash opportunities
4. All meals consist of toast or soup or toast and soup.
5. My body feels like a broken bag of bones (this is probably the best clue on the list)

At first I thought I had TB (paranoid) but now I don't really know what is wrong. In any case, I am hoping my super combo of vit c, zinc, echinacea, water and bed will do the trick.

I feel remarkably guilty about missing school and my kids' lessons, but then as soon as I contemplate having to stand in front of a class all day, my head thumps a little louder. Besides, I wouldn't want to spread any germs would I...

Something
to inspire any other sick teachers out there...

TFTs: a good blog on EAL in Canada...can't be slacking off WA3 now can we?

PS A downside of sleeping all day means you can't sleep at night, so check out the updated links. Mouche and Ange, I have officially given up on you guys!