Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ten Golden Rules For Myself


· I should give myself the same care and attention as I give others.

· I am not an endless ‘resource’ for others, I must stock up on ‘reserves’ and not get too drained.

· I have needs to which may be different from my family’s, my friends or my colleagues.

· I do not have to say ‘yes’ to all requests – or feel guilty if I say ‘no’.

· The ‘perfect’ parent, partner, child or career person does not exist – the ‘good-enough’ one does!

· I have the right to be treated with respect as a worthwhile, intelligent and competent person.

· I do not have to have everyone’s approval all the time to know that I am trying my hardest.

· Time for unwinding is time very well spent.

· Making mistakes is not a disaster – I can learn from these and it allows others to as well.

· I must be fair to myself and remember, at all times especially in the face of criticism, anxiety and difficulties, THAT I AM DOING THE BEST THAT I CAN!!

Courtesy of the Circle-Time Website.