Sunday, March 11, 2007

Updates

I particularly like the thought I've put up today, very relevant. Babs often used to say "if you fail to prepare, prepare to fail". Yes. So I guess my lessons tomorrow are going to be a write-off. Oh well.

So the updates...

The lurgy: Is better, much better. Thursday and Friday went a bit downhill since I developed a delightful sneezy nostril/eye watering combo, which wasn't great, but a necessary stage through the lurgy. Now I am only slightly coughy and pale-looking, but I feel good. In fact, despite thinking it was irresponsible, I put in an appearance at Ginger's birthday drinks last night, and felt ok there (and hopefully didn't pass the lurgy on). Ginger was in fine form; highlights including falling off and over her chair numerous times, shouting rude words around the pub, and replacing the padding in her bra with the little table number triangle stands. Good stuff.

The house: The stairs to the loft are in! They are such beautiful stairs as well. One of my mother's victorian cupboards has moved back to their room and so my room has been completely reshuffled. I think it has been very positively feng shui-ed, and as a plus point I can now dance around the middle of the room again, excellent.

School: I haven't thought about it too much, and have decided not to think about it until tomorrow when I am actually there. Hence the failing of the lessons.

Easter: Flights are booked to Venice! Woo hoo, very excited!

My hair: This isn't really an update since I haven't mentioned it before, but I have decided to stop washing my hair with products. Gross I hear you say. Well, so far, not so bad actually. A little more greasy, but doesn't feel too awful. That said, all I've been doing is lounging around. The real test is morning-after-sweating-all-nite-at-the-club hair. Shudder. My brother stopped washing his luscious locks with products about a year ago and his hair is still amazing (even though he did lop his dreads off and now has a closely shaven "mop"). Supposedly after three months it'll become fully self-cleaning. Great, three months, woo! So yes, will keep you posted on that one.

Dreams: Had a coupla weird ones. In one my whole family really lived in another house, but it was my uncle's house so we had to keep hiding so that they wouldn't notice we lived there too. In another (and I've had this one twice) my subject mentor at school tells me I won't get QTS because I am failing all the standards. Then she suggests that there is a way that I can pass - if I buy her lots of stuff. During the dream she slowly evolves into wearing a fortune-teller/gypsy woman type garb, very strange. And in the second version of the dream, instead of me having to buy her stuff, I have to teach her very crazy offspring in my year 7 set 2 group in return for getting QTS. The third dream involves me having to teach at another school, and I have a group of about 50 year 10s and they all ignore me so every time it's their lesson I go to the pub instead, but then I get caught. I also had a nightmare yesterday morning, but that is too scary to relive on here.

In other news, how annoying was the Spurs-Chelsea game this afternoon? Why can we never hold onto a lead when it matters? I hate defensive play at the best of times, but why doesn't Jol realise this doesn't work for us? On the plus side, at least we drew so there's a home replay. I watched the game in the living room with lots of middle-aged Tamil women since my mother was holding a committee meeting (she's President of her old school's girls' association). It was pretty fun since some of them knew quite a lot about football, plus I love hearing people shout at the TV in Tamil.

I wonder if there's an old pupils' association at my school...?
Have a lovely week!